SND Tube Sales
5389 Ville Rosa Lane--Hazelwood, MO 63042 USA
Phone: 314-770-0119 Fax: 314-770-9448
Hickok 539C Tube Tester
This tube tester is Hickok's top of the line and was one of the best
portable tube testers ever produced by any company. This tester was dubbed as Hickok's
Engineer's models and is identical to the type 539B except for the addition of compactron
and nuvistor sockets on it's front panel thus eliminating the need for an external adaptor
to test these types of tubes.
- Measures true transconductance directly read from the front panel meter.
- Two plate voltages available to more closely duplicate voltages found in tube
- Seperate meter on front panel to monitor grid bias voltage thus assuring proper grid
bias settings and more accurate transconductance readings. This meter also doubles as an
ammeter for making tests on V-R tubes.
- Seperate meter on front panel for monitoring line voltage making it easy to keep the
line voltage properly adjusted for more accurate tests. This is especially handy when you
plug in a tube that draws a large amount of filament current which drops the line voltage
- Shorts (leakage) can be tested either using the conventional neon shorts light or
using a sensitive ohmmeter reading via the main front panel meter.
- Front panel connection for adding external meters for monitoring plate current and
- Front panel connection for connecting a cathode resistor for self-biased tubes.
- Tests 4pin, 5pin, 6pin, 7pin, octal, locktol, 7pin minature, 9pin minature, nuvistor,
Novar, 12 pin compactron, 10pin decal.
- Setup information for the more common tube is on the built in roll chart. Roll chart
supplement books for obsolete and foreign tubes are included with the tester.
- Tester is in good cosmetic and working condition
shipping is $18 to any of the lower 48 states. All others inquire
SND Tube Sales
Michael C. Marx
5389 Ville Rosa Lane---Hazelwood, MO 63042
Phone: 314-770-0119--Fax: 314-770-9448